Sale West is a former Manchester
overspill estate nicknamed the ‘Racecourse Estate’ after the names of some of its roads and surrounded by relativly affluent suburbs.
Trafford Council and Irwell Valley Housing Association identified funding from the lottery for improvements to public and neighbourhood spaces in the area with an emphasis on youth and community cohesion.
- Plymouth Road Shops – an improved neighbourhood central .
- Manor Avenue Park – a restructured park with new play areas and landform features.
- Sale West Park – two play areas for toddlers and teenagers in a wooded setting.
- Trans-Pennine Trail – new footpath and bridge links from the Sale West Estate to a national cycle way.
- Magnolia Court – Community garden to surround the refurbished tower block.